Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blog 1


"we went to the moon to have fun, but the moon turned out to completely suck". how does this sentence set up the novel?
this sentence sets up the novel by showing it is in a different time. i mean now we have no way, unless you’re rich, to just leisurely go to the mioon to just hang out. Also, there’s nothing in space, at this moment, to do or to go to hang out. This sentence showsthat things aren’t going to be the same in the future.

What do you notice about the language Anderson uses? What is his purpose for doing so? How is it effective?
I noticed that they use “futuristic” slang, they use words we don’t use now. I think the purpose is to show how slang evolves over time, and we come up with new words to express ourselves. It’s effective because it show that they are in a different time then we are. So they need different words to exspress themselves.


What are the “lesions” a reference to? What causes them? Is there anything similar today?
Yea, I really don’t get the first part of the question so im going to skip it J the thing that is causing the lesions is the feed. There are radiations that make the lesions. I think piercings are similar to lesions today, because most people are getting them just because other people have them. Like a lot of people have their lip pierced, which is why igot rid of my snake bites. It kinda pisses me off because I’ve been getting piercings for a while now and everyone thinks I got my new piercing because it’s a “fad”. But that’s not the case. I really don’t like followers, and I defiantly don’t like being called one. So the lesions are shown to be a “fad” even tho they can’t be helped and are destructive. They still use them as an accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment